Orientation Trainee Intake
The BON Hotel Group is rapidly expanding within Africa and are wanting to develop young managers to learn how we administrate, manage and market our hotels in South Africa.
We offer a diploma in Hospitality Management or Professional Cookery through one of South Africa’s top hotel schools; while you again experience at our hotels and lodges around the country. All we require from you is a 5-year commitment to earn while you learn and then achieve an internationally recognized qualification.
Criteria for applicants is as follows:
- Must be currently in Matric or be in possession of a matric certificate or equivalent thereof
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 24 years
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Must have mathematics and preferably accountancy as a subject to Matric level
To apply, send your cv and cover letter explaining why you should be considered for this amazing opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 10 April 2023. Should you not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Richards Bay based hotel – BON Hotel Waterfront Richards Bay
The Housekeeping Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Housekeeping Supervisor responsibilities include organizing employee shifts, training and motivating team members and checking private and public areas for tidiness.
- They role may involve all aspects of the hotel housekeeping, including laundry, public rooms, private rooms and hotel bedrooms, staff and other internal areas, and agreed restricted external areas of the hotel (e.g. main entrance area) working within the team which performs these roles.
- Responsibilities include all day to day aspects of cleaning, laundry, hotel housekeeping supplies in public and private rooms, assessing maintenance needs and liaising with Line Manager/ maintenance.
- To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of sanitation regulations and team management abilities.
- Ultimately, you will help ensure our daily housekeeping operations run smoothly and that guests are satisfied.
- Assigning housekeeping tasks to staff and inspecting work to ensure that the prescribed standards of cleanliness are met.
- Regularly taking inventory of cleaning supplies and ordering stock as needed. • Issuing cleaning supplies and equipment to housekeeping staff as needed.
- Train housekeepers on cleaning and maintenance tasks
- Oversee staff daily
- Check rooms and common areas, including stairways and lounge areas, for cleanliness
- Schedule shifts and arrange for replacements in cases of absence
- Establish and educate staff on cleanliness, tidiness, and hygiene standards
- Motivate team members and resolve any issues that occur on the job
- Respond to customer complaints and special requests
- Monitor and replenish cleaning products stock including floor cleaner, bleach and rubber gloves
- Participate in large cleaning projects as required
- Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation policies in all areas
- Investigating and addressing complaints regarding poor housekeeping service.
- Work experience as a Housekeeping Supervisor or similar role
- Hands-on experience with cleaning and maintenance tasks for large organizations
- Ability to use industrial cleaning equipment and products
- Excellent organizational and team management skills
- Stamina to handle the physical demands of the job
- Flexibility to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in a similar role with a good understanding of English, both written and oral.
To apply for available positions, send your CV and cover letter explaining why you’re the best candidate to email@example.com. Please include the position you are applying for.
Should you not hear back from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.